Thursday, August 21, 2008

I did it!! Well sort of =)

So I've been lost in my own little world the past few days. I followed a link to Michelle Zindorf's blog. If you haven't been there before, go NOW! biggrin I'm almost positive I've been to there blog before, but I guess I must have lost the bookmark(I know I wouldn't have gone there and not bookmarked it), but now I've got in my google reader. Anyway, she makes the most incredible cards I've ever seen! She even has tutorials smile. I've spent most of the last two days at her blog and trying her techniques. I think I'm finally kinda getting the hang of it. I was having trouble not making my skyline a perfectly strainght line. You should see my trashcan lol. It's almost ridiclous the amount of paper I've went though. So worth it though! Unfoutunately I went through the last of my Whisper White when I was first trying this technique out, so by the time I had a small idea of how to do it, I was out, lol. I have some GP and PTI white also, but they don't seem to work. Not smooth enough I guess.

The first card is on glossy white. The paper did not want to take as much ink as I was giving it, so I had to keep heat setting, but I stilll kept smearing stufff. This one looks sloppy, but I thought I'd post it anyway. The second, I'm much happier with. The tutorial I used for these two cards can be found HERE. I drew on some shadows with a basic black marker like she shows in THIS tutorial.

This one is my most recent attempt. Hopefully I'll get the hang of this one of these days. Every time I try it looks a little better than the last, so I guess it just takes a lot of practice. I used Very Vanilla cardstock on this one. This card measures 4.25 X 5 BTW.


-Stamps-Happy Harmony
-Paper-Glossy White (first card), Very Vanilla (second card), Soft Sky and Not Quite Navy
-Ink-Not Quite Navy, Soft Sky, Black Staz-on
-Accessories-Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, sponges and Brayer.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily, your Zindorf card turned out fantastic!
Hugs and smiles

Jana O'Brien said...

Gorgeous, Emily!

Anonymous said...

Your card is just beautiful.

smallcity

Nettie said...

Wow your card turned out FANTASTIC.
Nettie

Lauren said...

This is gorgeous Emily! WOW!

Sandi Berg said...

Wow! This did turn out beautifuly! Great job!

Niki Estes said...

Just gorgeous, Emily! I love the colors!

Debbi said...

Emily, this is fabulous! It turned our beautiful!

Kathy W said...

just gorgeous, will have to get a shot, love your creation

Unknown said...

Your cards are awesome!!!! I actually was trying this technique on Saturday with Glossy White CS and it soooo wasn't turning out!!! What is your secret for using that paper???
I really like the 2nd one!!! You totally rocked it!!!

BTW: thanks for the birthday wishes!!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

These are both stunning Emily! I love this technique too, will have to give it a try some time. Beautiful colors and images. :)

corinnesomerville said...

Emily...this is so beautiful !!!! I'm definately going to have to try this one too !!! WOWZA, Girlie !!! Great job !!! :)


Have a great day
Corinne (aka Roxy)