Thursday, June 4, 2009

Cheers to You!

Good morning! I made this card for last weeks MOJO Monday sketch challenge, and for the Cat's Pajamas color challenge which was to use yellow, aqua, brown and optional red. I love how different these colors are! I need to start doing more color challenges. I find myself wanting to use way too much pink wink.

I can't even tell you how much I love my Cricut! I've spent so much time finding pictures to convert to SVG files to cut. You can take any picture, convert it and cut it with the Sure cuts a lot program! I made some really pretty butterflies last night! I can't wait to use them. I also don't have to use my piece of junk circle cutter anymore! I've always hated that thing, but I couldn't find anything I didn't hate even more! lol Aside from how bad it cuts a circle, it can't cut circles small enough to do 2 of my smaller nesties. One of them I use a SU punch for, but this one I haven't been able to use yet since I couldn't cut a circle that would fit inside.

Well, we still can't figure out what is wrong with our AC. Everything seems to be doing exactly as it should (the coils are even cold), except warm air is coming out of the vents. We had the freon checked, and it's fine. We tried running it on the fan setting when it was cool outside and that air was warm too. We had to replace a part this winter, so we are thinking maybe something somehow got wired wrong so that the heat is coming on too. Oh well, someone loaned us a window unit they aren't using, so at least we won't roast until we can get it fixed.

I'll try to post again in a few days, but I guess that depends on my Mojo rolleyes. Have a wonderful day!

-Stamps-Cheers to You
-Paper-Cool Caribbean, Close to Cocoa, and White cardstock; So Saffron, and Petals and Paisley DSP
-Ink-Memento
-Copics-B00, B02, R46, YR31, YG95 C-1
-Accessories-ribbon, sewing machine, nesties, cricut, pop dots

post signature

11 comments:

Jennifer Orbaker said...

Love the colors and the touch of red! These go great together. I really like your sewing too, another great touch!

Cheryl said...

Wonderful colors Emily! Very cute. Hope you can find out what the problem is soon.

Lorie said...

Oh, I love this color challenge! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Emily!! Love the color combo and what a fab take on the sketch!! I'm ready for that drink now!! :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love these colors Emily!! I may have to try those colors. Sometimes you do get in a color slump. Gorgeous layout and card!! Very refreshing!

Kathy W said...

Great card, the colors work awesome together and like the sewing!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Fun card Emily. LOVE that color combo too, don't think that's one I've ever seen. It's beautiful! The stitching looks great too, a perfect accent! :)

Regina said...

Really fun card Emily, I love those colors together!! And, of course the stitching is fabulous, just a great card all the way around! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Erin... said...

so cute!!! you may need a cold beverage if you're AC isn't working!! good luck and have a good weekend:)

Carol C. said...

Emily - I really like your card, great use of those colors (even using red on that strawberry!!!) and your use of the sketch is right o; the look and the simplicity of the image makes this an eye catching card! great job!

Unknown said...

I love that sketch and your take on it with that set! Great colors!!