Thursday, May 1, 2008

Ways to use it challenge card

I'm not really sure why, but I've never done any of the ways to use it challenges on SCS. I finally did one today though =). It was WT164 All Ruffled up. The challenge was to make pleats or ruffles so I made some by folding DSP back and forth. The DSP was 1/2" by 18". I just taped the paper together inside one of the ruffles.

The inside of the flower looks like it was colored with Pretty in Pink, but all I did was use a blender pen to drag the color from the Pomegranate outlines. It works great. The flower fusion flower looks kinda funny in the picture. It doesn't look so bad IRL. -Stamp-One of a Kind, Priceless
-Ink-Close to Cocoa, Purely Pomegranate
-Paper-Close to Cocoa, Purely Pomegranate, Pretty in Pink and Whisper White cardstock; Rose Red prints DSP.
-Accessories-Flower Fusion, Styled Silver HPH, Pretty in Pink grosgrain and SAB rub-on sentiment.

13 comments:

Jess said...

Love the ruffles! I'll have to try this.

Nancy Riley said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love the ruffle! I can't believe the good coverage you got on the flower using the aquapainter!

Jeanne Lobsinger said...

I just found your blog from SCS. Love it. I am so inspired by all the wonderful SCS bloggers out there.

Renée said...

This is lovely Emily! I love the ruffled paper at the bottom, looks a little like a ruffle peeking out under a fabulous skirt!

Jana O'Brien said...

Love the color combo, and the ruffles look great. Pulling the color from the outline into the image is a great technique too!

Kathy W said...

love the pleats! great way to use it!

Kathy W said...

love the pleats! great way to use it!

Alhambra Club said...

This is so pretty, love how you did the ruffles with the paper.

Debbi said...

Emily, I love how you pleated the bottom. Fabulous card!

Alex said...

Beautiful card Emily! Just thought I would pop over and say hello since we are now on the same dt and I have linked you on my blog :-)!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lauren said...

This is so pretty! I really love your color choices.

Anonymous said...

Love your ruffle! Great job with the challenge:) Aren't you going to MISS Purely Pomegranate when it retires?! :(

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!!!! I am so going to try this ruffle with paper!!!! TFS!