Friday, May 23, 2008

Stamp Something Challenge 3

Good morning! Well today is Friday which means another great Stamp Something Challenge! This weeks theme is "Faux Somethings". So anything faux goes. Theres faux silk, leather, metal, stitching, shaving cream, linen, the list goes on. Go check out the Resources section of SCS and you'll find tutorials. I decided to finally give the Faux Silk technique a try and I'm so glad I did! I love the look of it, and I can't believe how easy it was!

I'm really happy with how this card came out. The main panel and the scallop all have glue dots under them since the ribbon is so puffy.
-Stamps-Artfully Asian and Always
-Paper-Pretty in Pink, Whisper White and Basic Black cardstock; Pretty in Pink DSP.
-Ink-Black Staz-on
-Accessories-Pretty in Pink, Old Olive and Basic Black markers; Scallop punch, 1 1/4 and 1 3/8 circle punches, Flirty ribbon originals (retired), glue dots and Basic Black grosgrain.

17 comments:

Becky Carafa said...

This is so pretty! I love the layout, too.

Lauren said...

WOW Emily. This is such a beautiful card. Fabulous job with the faux silk.

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Emily is is BEAUTIFUL! Love the faux silk, works awesome with that stamp set. Great details too, that ribbon is so pretty. :)

Anonymous said...

Your colors and the faux silk make this a sweet and elegant card! Emily, I love the way you layered your ribbon, beautiful!

Melissa said...

Awesome, awesome awesome! We chose the same technique for this week - my, what good taste you have! LOL!!

It's beautiful!

Many Blessings,
M.

Alex said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Emily! I love the faux linen look and the colors and ribbon are just yummy!! Fantastic challenge card, you totally ROCKED it! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Andrea said...

What a beautiful card!
The colours, the papers .. really perfect

Erin... said...

Wow this absolutely stunning!! Your faux silk is perfect especially with your image. Love the colors and that ribbon!!!

Jo said...

This is so beautiful Emily...loving everything about it! I've given you an award....please see my blog for details.

Kathy W said...

stunning card, just beautiful nice job!!!

Niki Estes said...

What a great card, Emily! I love those colors and the faux silking!

Unknown said...

Wow! great card and the faux silk is just beautiful. Gotta try this myself.

Jess said...

This is a beautiful card! I love the pink and black! I've never tried the faux silk technique, but I'm going to check it out now!

Anonymous said...

Emily, your card looks beautiful! I love your Faux Silk sample.
Hugs and smiles

Unknown said...

This card is beautiful!!!! I really need to start doing these challenges!!!!! Keep up the great work!!

Unknown said...

This card is beautiful!!!! I really need to start doing these challenges!!!!! Keep up the great work!!

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Great job on the faux silk technique - it looks fabulous!!