Sunday, November 4, 2007

Bucket of Apples!

Yay! I really love this image from Give Thanks. I didn't like the whole set, just the apples. Anyway, someone on SCS sent me some images to play withmrgreen, so I have been coloring apples like crazy. This image just makes me feel inspired. It just makes me want to jump up and make a card! Funny thing is, I'm actually starting to like the whole set now. I've been looking in the gallery on SCS, and there is some awesome cards using this set. So I ordered it. I can't wait to get it. I think this could easily become one of my favorite sets now. Why is it always the sets I didn't even like when I first saw them ended up being my favorites? Seriously, Fabulous Flowers, Doodle This, Crazy For Christmas, Baroque Motifs, I didn't like any of them, but now those are my Favorite sets.This first card was my first attempt at coloring the apples. I like how they came out, but I want them to be better, lol. I want them to look real. Does anyone know of a good watercoloring tutorial? I've seen the one by Jule Buhler on how to use markers to watercolor. It was awesome (If you haven't seen it, click HERE), but I need something on shading, lol. I've never been good at blending colors. I seem to either blend it too much, or not enough. Feel free to share any tips you may have toobiggrin.-Stamps-Give Thanks, Itty Bitty Backgrounds and Priceless
-Ink-So Saffron, Real Red, Close To Cocoa, Bashful Blue
-Paper-watercolor, Real Red, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa.
-Accessories-Hodgepodge hardware, Hemp twine, Stampin Sponges
-Markers-Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Real Red, Bravo Burgundy, Ruby Red, Garden Green, Old Olive and Going Grey.

-Stamps-Give Thanks, Itty Bitty Backgrounds and Baroque Motifs
-Ink-Wild Wasabi,
-Paper-Wild Wasabi, Chocolate chip, So saffron, Real Red, and So saffron Prints DSP.
-Accessories-Round tab punch, Wild Wasabi double stitched ribbon.
-Markers-Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Real Red, Bravo Burgundy, Ruby Red, Only Orange, Garden Green, Old Olive, Gable green Going Gray and Bordering Blue.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em, you watercoloring on this card is AWESOME!! Makes me want to eat an apple. Thanks for sharing your creativity with all of us blog readers.

Alhambra Club said...

What a beautiful card, love your coloring on the apples

kathleenh said...

I really like this image too Emily. It looks like it's fun to watercolor. You did a great job of coloring it!