Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thursday Sketch #1

Well, I've always wanted to try to make a sketch, so I finally decided to give it a try. Surprisingly enough, I found it much easier to make a sketch first then make the card. I always though it would be harder, but I actually enjoyed it. I used paint, and just kept putting up squares and rectangles until I liked the result. So anyway, I made about 12 of them last night, so I'll be posting these for at least 12 weeks =), but hopefully I'll be able to come up with more between now and then, lol. So here is number one. I'd love to see what you do with the sketch if you'd like to share. Just leave a comment on this post =). Here is the sample that I came up with last night. I just got some new stuff yesterday, so I was dying to use it. I've been seeing awesome stuff made with this set, so I had to have it =). I think I may have tried to cram too many layers into this little card, but I'm pretty happy with it anyway =).
This card measures 4.25 X4.25".
-Stamps-Season Of Joy
-Ink-Old Olive, Real Red
-Paper-Real Red, Old Olive, River Rock, and Chocolate Chip cardstock and Dashing DSP.
-Accessories-Pewter Hodgepodge hardware, Stampin' Write Markers, Real Red grosgrain ribbon and Stampin Sponges.

6 comments:

Theresa said...

Your sketch is great and the card to match it is fantastic! Keep at it - you obviously have "the knack"!!!

Alhambra Club said...

WOW, love the sketch and your card is awesome.

My Paper World said...

Fabulous card and sketch!
Your card is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card and sketch! Thanks so much for sharing. I will have to play tomorrow afternoon.
Hugs and smiles

Kristina Lewis said...

Love the card and the colors! Plus I am tagging you!

Diane Gilbert said...

Great sketch! I'm going to try to play with it yet this week!