Tuesday, March 31, 2009

SCS Sketch

Good morning! Well jury duty yesterday actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was told that they call in 65 people and pick 7-12 from that, but there were actually 300 of us there, minus those that were excused or didn't show. They said it was really busy week, so I think they actually ended up using most of us on different trials. The trial I was on started yesterday, and I was supposed to go back for the whole week, but last night hubby noticed the car leaking transmission fluid. We brought it to a mechanic and he said it looks like the seal is broken which isn't gonna be cheap to fix rolleyes. I called the courthouse and explained the situation, luckily they were understanding and excused me for the rest of the week. Anyway, I had this post scheduled for Wednesday since I didn't think I'd have much time to make any thing this week, but now that I do, I thought I'd go ahead and post it. I made this card for the sketch challenge on SCS. This was a fun sketch!
-Stamps-Impression Obsession, SU It's Your Birthday
-Paper-White, Black, and Regal Rose cardstock; Pretty in Pink prints DSP
-Ink-Memento black
-Copics-R81, R83, R85, YG95
-Accessories-Dew Drops, CB folder and Black grosgrain ribbon

post signature

10 comments:

Lauren said...

This is so pretty and soft. Great layout too!

Deb M. said...

Beautiful card, Emily. I love the colors & layout.

Hope that your car doesn't cost too much to have repaired. :-(

TFS....

Kathy W said...

sorry about Jury duty and the car, but the the card rocks!

Lisa said...

Very pretty card -- love the colors!

Hey, I actually will be up in Lugoff Weds and Thursday for a funeral. I was told the funeral home is "behind the McDonalds" -- there's only one McD's in Lugoff??

Unknown said...

That is beautiful, Emily! I really need to start doing those sketches!

Cheryl said...

Emily what a great card. I really like the colors on this. Sorry to hear about your car, seems like nothing is cheap any more. I am glad they were able to excuse you from court for the rest of the week.

Jennifer Orbaker said...

Glad you got out of jury duty! Hope you get your car fixed soon!

Anonymous said...

So very gorgeous Emily!! I love your take on this sketch!! Beautiful details!! Sorry about your car!! HUGS

Lorie said...

What a gorgeous card, girl! Sorry about the car but at least you don't have jury duty any longer! :o)

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful Emily! Love this layout and the soft pretty colors you've used. Beautiful image as well! :)