Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Mojo Monday sketch

Hello! I just made this card for this weeks Mojo Monday sketch Challenge. I got this stamp set for Christmas, and still haven't used it, so I thought I'd ink it up. The image is from What's brewing by Impression Obsession, and the sentiment is from Inkadinkado coffee classics. I inked the words in the sentiment separately and kinda rearranged some of them so the image would fit too.

-Stamps-Impression Obsession What's brewing, and Inkadinkado coffee classics
-Paper-White, Real Red and So Saffron cardstock; Bali Breeze DSP
-Ink-Real red marker, Memento tuxedo black
-Copics-B00, B02, B05, 0
-Accessories-Dew drops, Circle nesties, circle cutter, cuttlebug folder.

And this one uses an old Mojo Monday sketch, #2. Love this sketch! My card is looking a little off balance though. The layer on the right should have been up higher, but I actually used glue this time (normally use double sided tape) so I couldn't pull it back apart. So, I put some brads at the top to see if it would help, but I don't think they really work with the polka dots. I thought of starting over, but there is no way I'm wasting that gorgeous DSP =). Oh, well. I still like the card though. I think I'm going to do this sketch again, but no off balance, lol.

-Stamps-Hanna Stamps Snowski Riley, PTI Take a Bough
-Paper-Real Red, River Rock, Old Olive and White cardstock; Dashing DSP
-Ink-Memento, Real Red
-Copics-E31, E33, E35, E37, R29, R37, R59, YG95
-Accessories-Circle Nesties, silver brads, Martha Stewart chunky glitter, glue

post signature

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wonderful cards Emily! I can't wait to play with my Copics more. I see you have started with you Christmas cards also.

Erin... said...

Love both of thsese Emily!!! And way to go on started Christmas cards already!

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

love both of these gorgeous cards :)

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Emily, I can totally relate to that fabulous sentiment on the top card!! How cute is that?!!! And I love your darling Riley!! The snow is so pretty and glittery under his skis!! :) TFS!

Kathy W said...

love Riley, but huge coffee fan. You are really getting good at those copics!

Lauren said...

These are super cute Em! Great job with the MM.

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Cute cards Emily! Love the papers and the images. Great layout too. Fun! :)

Bev said...

Two gorgeous cards x

Tiffany Bauer said...

I just LOVE these cards and the sketches are awesome!!! TFS!

Marcea said...

2 fabulous cards :o)
-x-