Thursday, June 21, 2007

Scallop circle with corner rounder punch tutorial

1.) First of all, you will need to cut out a circle. You can use any type of circle cutter you like. The circle I used is 31/2 inches (Please note, I am using the old corner rounder, so the measurements may not work for the new one) Remove the guide from your corner rounder punch. To do this gently pull on the side and it comes right off.

2.) After you have removed the guide flip your corner rounder punch over so you can see the bottom. On the bottom of the punch you will see a V. Hold your cardstock up to that V like the picture below (thats not a very good picture by the way. You want to make sure that your cardstock is flush up against the V). Punch the first scallop. When you punch the second scallop make sure you are right up against the first scallop so you don't have any gaps.

3.) Continue to go all the way around the cardstock.

4.) Finish your card! The circle I put in the middle is 3 inches. The scallop edge at the bottom is done the same way, just without the circle.

Recipe
-Stamps: Doodle This, Wonderful Words
-Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White and So Saffron Designer Series Paper
-Ink:Chocolate Chip, Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron.
-Accessories: Watercolor Wonder Crayons, White Signo gel pen, Turquoise grosgrain ribbon.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!

6 comments:

Corie said...

Great tutorial. I have to try it this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this. I couldn't find any tutorials and I tried to do it on my own the other day but the scallops didn't turn out very well. Thanks again!

Bec Ross said...

This looks great! I just need to get that punch so I can make it now! He he. Oh, and thanks for being the first (and only, so far) person to post a comment on my blog!

Sara said...

This is such a great idea, love your sample too!

You've been tagged!

www.desperatestamper.blogspot.com

Abra Leah Cross said...

Thank you SO much! I have been wondering how to do it - thanks for taking the time to do the tutorial! :)

Godelieve said...

Terrific idea! Thanks :)