Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Scrapbook page!

Woohoo! I finally made another scrapbook page. I really want to scrapbook more, but I'm just lazy I guess. Scrapbook pages are so much harder for me. I'm embarrassed how long this page took me, so I won't tell ya lol. I think the most time consuming part for me is trying to figure out what I want to use on it. I cased the layout from Lynn. I just found her blog the other day and love it! One of the hardest parts of a scrapbook page for me is the titles. First, I never know what to say, and then what to make the title with! I really need to stock up on chipboard alphabets or something. For this page I ended up using some cardstock stickers I had laying around. It took forever, but I put foam dots under the letters so they'd have a little dimension. I also popped up the boat and the star from Nursery Necessities. The patten paper is by Heidi Grace. I'm not sure who makes the cardstock I used, but I got it at Hobby Lobby. They have all of their paper on sale 4 for $1 right now! The ad said all paper under 59 cents 4/$1, but at our Hobby Lobby, there isn't any over 59 cents. I got about 50 sheets. Speaking of sale...did you know Ribbon and Bows Oh My has all of their grosgrain 20% off? They've got such great prices! I've got 135 yards of ribbon coming my way for only $29 including shipping!! I have no idea where I'm going to put it though. I guess it will probably just stay in a big pile for a while, lol.
This is my sweet little nephew David. One day while I was babysitting him, I threw a white sheet down a took a ton of pictures of him in a few different outfits. Isn't he adorable!! I'm going to try to make a page to go with this one with some of the other pictures I took. He was 5 months old here (he's almost 2 now). He is the best! He is always doing or saying something completely adorable. When he started talking, his first sentence was "shake that thing"...OMG, it is the funnest thing ever! He has a toy that says that, which is where he got it from.

I'll try to post tomorrow, but if not, I'll be back Friday for the Stamp Something Challenge. Have a great day!!

-Stamps-SU Nursery Necessities
-Paper-Brocade Blue, Red, Kraft and white cardstock;Heidi Grace cardstock
-Ink-Riding Hood Red, Bliss Blue, Ballet Blue
-Accessories-Cardstock stickers, Satin ribbon, pop dots, paper piercer, mat pack and corner rounder punch

post signature

11 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful!! Love the colors and the layout!! Cute picture!!! Great job!!

Amanda's paper palace said...

Fab page Emily love the layout!hugs amanda x

Lorie said...

Awww, Emily...adorable! Oh, and the page is cute too...LOL!

Alex said...

This layout turned out beautiful Emily!!! I think you scrapbook just fine, girl!!! And, he is totally adorable! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Cheryl said...

Emily that is a wonderful page! You really should scrap more. I find the journaling the hardest to do.

Kathy W said...

wonderful page and layout- I find it so much easier to have sketch or layout to go by. David is even cuter than the page!

Lauren said...

This is fabulous Emily! I love how clean it is - accents the photo beautifully.

Jennifer Orbaker said...

Great page! I love the letters popped up.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh wow!! Emily, this is just too sweet!! Love your fun images, papers and of course, the picture of that doll is gorgeous!! :) TFS!

Marilyn said...

Wow Emily - this is an awesome page!! Love the way David's picture really stands out with this layout!! He looks adorable!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.