Monday, April 14, 2008

Ribbon Weaving

I just saw this on Kristina's blog. She has a video tutorial showing how to do the ribbon weaving. Her blog is awesome by the way!
Woohoo, I'm finally using my Flower Fusion! I ordered it when the new catty came out and haven't used it till now. I used one of the rub-ons from SAB on the ribbon. I love how you can put them just about anywhere! You have to be careful on the weaved ribbon though. Every time I'd rub I'd feel the ribbon sliding around. I'm kinda surprised it came out so well.

This card uses no ink or stamps!

Paper-Rose Red & Pretty in Pink cardstock; Summer Picnic DSP
Accessories-Flower Fusion, Wide Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, SAB rub-ons and styled silver HPH brad.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!

Stampin' Colleen said...

Oh Emily! This card is BEAUTIFUL! I love the weaving!

Kristina Werner said...

Ooo! I love the rubon on the ribbon! I struggled with how to incorporate the strong image of the weaving with a sentiment. I should have tried a rubon! Ingenious! LOVE it!

Kathy W said...

Awesome job on this Emily and great job getting the rub on onto a bumpy surface.

Kay Kalthoff said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card! I can't believe how awesome the rub on looks. I thought it was on a window sheet or something. This totally rocks!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love the rub-on on the ribbon. That was almost as hard to type as it is to say. I wandered over here from Kristina's blog and am SO glad I did. You are very creative and make beautiful art! Thanks for sharing all of this with us!
-SeeJaneStamp on SCS

Anonymous said...

Wow - the woven ribbon looks so luscious! Great job with accessories on this card:)

www.stampwithdesiree.typepad.com

Unknown said...

Emily - I love this. I need to try it, just got my first pack of rub-ons yesterday!

Unknown said...

You did an awesome job with the ribbon weaving!!! Love how you put the rub-on directly on the ribbon!!TFS!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is wonderful with the rub ons on the woven ribbon. I'll have to give it a try. Don't you love the Fusion Flowers? They are my favs.

jjcreations said...

Oh my goodness....not only did you weave the ribbon....but then you also used a rub - on!!! Awesome. I love the felt flowers too. Everything goes so well together. Joan

Debbi said...

Emily!!!! This is Fabulous. I love all the aspects of it!!

Marilyn said...

Amazing job on this Emily - how you managed to get the rubons to stay still is beyond me - this is a fabulous card if I've ever seen one!!

Jana O'Brien said...

This looks awesome! I love the color combo.

Alhambra Club said...

this card is so pretty, love the colors and the ribbon weaving is great.

Kristine said...

HOW COOL!!! :D Very pretty colors too. Great card!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Emily! The woven ribbon and rub ons is an awesome combination!

Unknown said...

Amazing! It's beautiful!