Monday, September 28, 2009

Hi everyone! Wow, I didn't realize it's almost been 2 months since I last posted eek. I don't know what the heck happened to my stamping mojo, but it is GONE! I'm totally not interested in making cards, or to be honest even looking at them. Usually when I lose my mojo, I don't want to stamp, but I still like looking at other peoples cards and shopping for stamping stuff, basically everything but stamping. Now I'm totally not interested at all in cards sad. I don't even feel like coloring with my copics sad. I've been pretty bored lately with no hobby.

For a while, I've been feeling like I'm wasting my time and money making cards. I have boxes full of them that just sit here. So maybe that's my problem. Things don't seem as fun with they feel like a waste of time. I don't send out anywhere near as many as I make. I've also been wondering why I've made so many cards with sentiments that couldn't possible fit any occasion. I've been thinking about making just Christmas, birthday and a thank you cards from now on, but now I don't even have the slightest interest in doing that, and I usually LOVE making Christmas cards. Oh, well. Hopefully I'll get it back. Did I mention I'm BORED out of my freakin mind! My house has been cleaner lately though, haha.

Anyway, I'm going to give scrapbooking another shot. It's a lot more challenging for me, and I'm a lot slower at it but I get a lot more satisfaction out of it, so hopefully my creativity will come out of hiding.

Hopefully I'll have something to post soon biggrin.

Have a great day!

post signature

7 comments:

Kathy W said...

there are a lot of great places to accept cards, like cards for heros or solidiers, or even chemoangels make them for people who appreciate your great work!
there is also etsy too!

Cheryl said...

Emily I hope you feel like doing some cards or pages soon. I'm out of town so I haven't posted in a while myself. Just a quick idea, I usually use Thinking of You on the front and leave the inside blank and it can be used for anything. You can add a sympathy, birthday or get well on the inside when you are ready to use it. I think a big thing is to not make too many layers so it isn't expensive to mail out and MAIL some. Hugs my friend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily!! I've missed you!! :) Hope all is well and I look forward to seeing some layouts from you!! How fun!! HUGS

Debbi Tehrani said...

Thank you so much for your sweet words on my blog! I enjoyed looking through your blog, too! Just love your cards!

Cindy in AZ said...

Emily, You are a VERY talented stamper!!! I always enjoy visiting your site, scrolling through older posts. Have you given any thought to selling your cards on eBay in a eBay store with a fixed price??? You may be surprised by the response. It may take some time at first, but if they're just sitting there and you price them right, THEY WILL SELL!!! There is also Etsy, but eBay does have the global branding. I do this myself and others, so if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help. ~Cheers, Cindy

Cindy in AZ said...

DUH!!! It does help to leave my contact info: cindystamps@cox.net.

Cheers,
Cindy

Deb M. said...

I too have been MIA, Emily...just posted something today. I thought I had lost my mojo for good this time, but thankfully I'm getting back into it. You are one of my favorite stampers...your work is so beautiful and such an inspiration. I hope that you will share whatever you create...you are so talented. Sending mojo hugs your way! :-)