Thursday, September 18, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

It won't be too much longer, and I've still got a lot of cards to make. I like to make them all different, but this year there may have to be some duplicates.

So I guess you can see I haven't put away my sewing machine from the card I posted Tuesday. That dang this is heavy though! I keep meaning to get one of those little ones. Anyway, I got a little crazy with the glitter too =). On this one I painted Elmer's glue using a paint brush on the snow, the snowmen and a little on the tree.
-Stamps-Wishing you Cheer, PTI Take a Bough
-Paper-Real Red, Soft Sky, and Whisper White
-Ink-Soft Sky and Real Red
-Accessories-Soft Sky reinker and Blender pen, Glue Dots, sewing machine and white thread, Elmer's Glue, paint brush, Martha Stewart glitter: Crystal Coarse, Crystal Fine and Carrara Marble.



Yeah, so this one is pretty overdone. My plan was to put the stitching where you see it closest to the outside. Just one go around, not two. I accidentally sewed the Real Red to the Old Olive, which just looked really funny to me, so I decided to go ahead and sew that piece to the base, even though I knew it would probably come out overdone.
-Stamps-Season of Joy, Many Merry Messages
-Paper-Real Red, Old Olive and Whisper White
-Ink-Old Olive, Summer Sun, Real Red and Close to Cocoa
-Accessories-Martha Stewart Glitter Crystal Fine, Elmer's Glue, paint brush, Sewing Machine and thread.

6 comments:

Lorie said...

They are both great cards! So,happy!

Cheryl said...

Great cards Emily. You never can have too much glitter ;-)

Becky Carafa said...

Cute cute snowman card, and I love the glitter snow on the second one!

Kathy W said...

super cute, glad you pulled out the sewing machine,nice touch

Unknown said...

This is lovely! The glittery snow and the stitching are perfect!

Unknown said...

Love the sparkly snowmen!!

Too much sewing?! Heck no!! I love it!! My sewing machine stays out 24/7...I love that thing.