Tuesday, May 1, 2007

SU! Retirement list

Well Stampin' Up! posted their list of retiring stamp sets last night. I'm gonna be really sad seeing some of them go. 232 stamp sets and 45 wheels are getting retired! I'm going to be especially sad to see Crazy for Christmas and Sleigh full of Toys retire. I love those sets! But hey, on the bright side, the new catalog has got to be great! If you would like to see the retiring list, click HERE, and you can see the PDF file.

<---This card uses Crazy For Christmas, Flaky Friends, and Sleigh Full of Toys. The colors used were Bravo Burgundy, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, and Whisper white. I also used the Burgundy grosgrain ribbon.

<---This card was made with Sleigh Full of Toys. This is a technique called Faux Cloisonne. Click HERE if you would like directions. This card uses Real Red, and Basic Black cardstock, gold embossing powder and lots of magazine pages.
Okay, sorry for all the Christmas cards. I'll upload some non-Christmas cards later on. =)
All items can be found in The Stampin' Up! 2006-2007 Idea Book & Catalog

3 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Wow...that second Christmas card is amazing!

Lois said...

Emily I love the new look! Your header is so pretty. I absolutely love love love the faux cloisonne card. Did you really do that with magazine pages? Amazing!

Emily said...

Thank you! Yes that really is magazine pages =). I think I used some type of scrapbooking magazine around Christmas time (so the pages were the right colors.) Flower magazines are great too. I've been wondering if wrapping paper would work, but I haven't tried it yet.